Karen started in luxury sales at the age of 23 at Beverly Hills Cadillac, and later at Hermes on Rodeo Drive as a leading sales professional. To better understand the Latino culture in L.A., she joined the Peace Corps and volunteered in El Salvador for almost three years teaching English and environmental education. It was a special and rewarding experience. She then finished her M.A. in Sustainable International Development at Brandeis University and published research for the United Nations while working in Rio de Janeiro on domestic and urban violence. Later, she raised money for a domestic violence non-profit in Chicago as the Development Director.
Karen came to real estate with the drive to help people and guide them with expert consultation. As a former instructor of the Washington State Housing Finance Commission, she loves to teach and collaborate. Karen holds a CNE, Certified Negotiating Expert certification, so her clients have an edge over the competition.
Karen’s satisfied clients will be glad to talk with you about my outstanding service. She’s a 5-Star Rated Agent on Zillow with a long list of testimonials for you to read.
Certifications, Associations & Awards
- Certified Negotiation Expert (CNE)
- Certified Distressed property Expert (CDPE)
- Certified Senior Real Estate Specialist (SRES)
- Member of the Asian Real Estate Association of America (AREAA)
- Certified Home Buying Instructor of the Washington State Housing Finance Commission
- Green Certified Real Estate Professional for Green Leadership
- REALTOR, National Association of Realtors Member
- Licensed Washington Real Estate Broker since 2007
Education & Experience
- MA, Sustainable International Development, Brandeis University 2005
- United Nations HABITAT, Research Intern, Brazil 2004-2005
- Scholarship Recipient, Peace Corps Fellow, 2002
- Peace Corps, El Salvador 2002
- Spanish and some Portuguese
- Windermere Foundation