Karen Balkin is a seasoned broker at listing and selling properties including luxury homes, new construction, townhomes, condos, view properties and investment properties across the Eastside, Mercer Island and Seattle.
Karen is passionate about helping others through planning, research, expert consultation and negotiation. As a Managing Broker, she holds the highest certification as a real estate professional. As a former Home Buying Instructor for the Washington State Housing Finance Commission, she educates her clients on all they need to know to make the most informed decisions when buying and selling homes. Karen holds a CNE, Certified Negotiation Expert certification, giving her clients an edge over the competition.
Before establishing herself as a premier real estate broker, Karen was was the Director of Development for the domestic violence non-profit, Rainbow House. She holds a M.A. in Sustainable International Development from Brandeis University. And she’s published multilingual research on domestic and urban violence for the United Nations during an internship in Rio de Janeiro. Karen served for almost 3 years as a Peace Corps volunteer in El Salvador teaching environmental education, organizing conferences for adolescent girls to plan their careers and attain scholastic scholarships.
Previous to her nonprofit work, Karen started in luxury sales at the age of 23 at Beverly Hills Cadillac, Gearys, and Hermes on Rodeo Drive as a leading sales professional.
Karen’s satisfied clients will be glad to talk with you about my outstanding service. She’s a 5-Star Rated Agent on Zillow with a long list of glowing testimonials.
Certifications and Associations
- Managing Broker
- Certified Negotiation Expert (CNE)
- Certified Distressed property Expert (CDPE)
- Certified Senior Real Estate Specialist (SRES)
- Member of the Asian Real Estate Association of America (AREAA)
- Certified Home Buying Instructor of the Washington State Housing Finance Commission
- Green Certified Real Estate Professional for Green Leadership
- REALTOR, National Association of Realtors Member
- Licensed Washington Real Estate Broker since 2007
Education & Experience
- MA, Sustainable International Development, Brandeis University 2005
- United Nations HABITAT, Research Intern, Brazil 2004-2005
- Scholarship Recipient, Peace Corps Fellow, 2002
- Peace Corps, El Salvador 2002-2004
- Some Spanish and Portuguese
- Windermere Foundation